[lug] free racks needing a good home

Charles Morrison cmorrison at greeleynet.com
Mon Jul 15 11:17:32 MDT 2002

Hi,

In the process of upgrading systems. As a result, we have a couple dozen
compaq racks that we need to dispose of. These are 8' tall (+ a few
inches if you include the wheels), 23" wide and 30" deep. They have been
holding 10 5U compaq alpha workstations each (which have been sold
separately, sorry...). They are black in color and include the shelves
and sliding rails the workstations were on and the cable management
hardware. Most do not have side covers as they were attached side to side.

Unless we can get some interest in these racks we will probably end up
scraping them, which goes against my ethics. Please email me separate
from the list if you can use some of these. They will be available in a
week or so.

Oh, the tie in to the list is that these were all housing workstations
running linux, as will be the replacements.

Chuck Morrison