[lug] LaTeX Resume Class

Philip Cooper Philip.Cooper at openvest.org
Thu Aug 1 10:47:45 MDT 2002

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Peter Hutnick wrote:

> Is there any sort of repository of "good" classes?  I'd like to refactor
> my resume into LaTeX, but all the classes I have found have been "one
> offs."  It is sort of a catch-22 that I'm not a typesetter, so I am in a
> poor position to judge the classes that are out there, but if I knew
> what was really good I'd just make my own :-(

I'm no typesetter but if you spend a little time with Lamport's book
"Latex User's Guide..." and look at list making and table formating
you should be able to get what you want visually.  I took a best of
breed from what I saw in support sites and modified it.  I can send
you my source off line if you like and answer any "what's that do"
questions.  I used no special cls files.  Straight up latex.  I've
seen a similar offer posted.  Maybe someone locally should put up some
samples.

P.S. The world of send me a .doc file is fustrating beyond belief.
     PDF please!