[lug] RH 7.2 & Norton Ghost

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Fri Aug 9 12:14:54 MDT 2002

I have had very mixed luck with Norton Ghost in the past.  Some systems
simply wouldn't work properly (the ghosting process would exit
abnormally - but not necessarily in the same place).  Upgrading to newer
versions of Ghost sometimes helped.

Eventually I started using mondo <http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo> and
haven't seen any more problems since.  It can also write its backup
image to tape drive, nfs partition, ...  Very flexible and reliable.
You can restore from floppy boot disk or CD.

Maybe I should do a mondo demo at a meeting sometime.

Ferdinand