[lug] How secure is a Linksys BEFSR41 with these ports open

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 15 18:00:03 MDT 2002

hello,
  I use dsl , but i have cisco678. I wanted my firewall to log so
i forwaded every port om my router to my firewall. So if you could do this
same thing then it would not matter if you linksys always had open ports..
they would be forwaded to a firewall and there you could do what ever you
want.
when i scan my ip the cisco does not appear to be there...put with closer
inspection using traceroute it could be discoverd...however...you could then
stop ping replies or whatever else you wanted...like snort or logging.

jd
http://www.taproot.bz

thanks,
jd