[lug] xinit?

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Fri Aug 30 15:18:56 MDT 2002

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, j davis said:

> Hello,
>   What should i edit to have Gkrellm start with Gnome for a user.
>   also while looking on the web for this i came across this..
>   http://jgo.local.net/LinuxGuide/linux-X-multiple.html
>   pretty neat page...now I run Gnome and Kde and just toggle between the
>   two

I don't recall if others responded to this or not - apologies if someone
else already responded.  On my SuSE 7.x system, the template ~/.xinitrc
file in my home dir was already set to start some X apps, so I add other
desired programs to that.

gkrellm -t ~/.gkrellm/themes/red &
unclutter &

#
# finally start the window manager
#
exec $WINDOWMANAGER

exit 0

since it also starts the window manager, it should appear no which one I
choose to run.

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net