[lug] Linux install fest

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Sep 6 13:29:39 MDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 12:54, Scott Herod wrote:

> I've made bootable CD's by adding a 1440 boot-image to an ISO.  What I
> really would like to learn how to do is create a disk which I can insert
> into a box and have it install some set of RPMs, then configure various
> interfaces.  I've looked at kickstart conf. files but what else needs to
> exist in the ISO and are there requirements on the directory structure so
> that RPMs can be found?  I've not found any docs on anaconda (which I
> believe is the name of RedHat's installer).

My apologies, I should have more carefully read your original email.

Unfortunately, I have no developer experience with Anaconda...

sorry,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/edhill.php
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phone:  303-273-3483    Fax: 303-273-3311