Lab Books was Re: [lug] BLUG archive library?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Sep 10 01:56:01 MDT 2002

And I've never met a serious network security worker that didn't carry
with them a REAL engineering notebook that had numbered pages...

Notes made at 2AM on napkins or whatever other paper is handy typically
aren't admissable in court either... (GRIN).

Notes made in a bound notebook with page numbers that can't be altered
easily, preferrably in blue ink, and multiple witnesses who'll testify
that the person ALWAYS uses the notebook per a printed company
procedure... and that they used it that night.  That's pretty good...

(I can't take credit for any of these ideas though... a friend who does
security work pointed them out to me...)

Nate