[lug] solid-state embedded linux box?

carter s johnson carter.johnson at juno.com
Tue Sep 10 11:28:27 MDT 2002

The old handheld b&w casiopeia PDA's can be loaded with linux, as can the
Sharp 6000's. Both have pcmcia slots and can be upgraded with compact
flash memory for additional  programs. I got my  caseopeia for $120 the
sharp for $300 (the caseopeia is the instructors version the student
version doesn't have pcmcia- buy the ac adapter with this though- lousy
battery life). I've been thinking of turning one of these into a portable
firewall device.

Carter S. Johnson
Colorado Environmental Coalition
http://www.ourcolorado.org