[lug] Mounting Win partitions / Renaming localhost?

Mr Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Sat Sep 28 10:48:43 MDT 2002

Mount shows basically the same as df.  I think this person wants to see
which partitions are Windows partitions so he *can* mount them.

One way I know of is to use fdisk.  However, you want to be really
careful with this, as it can change your partition settings, which would
screw up your disk.

Do 'fdisk /dev/hda'.  Then, at the prompt, hit 'p' and enter.  This will
print out the partition table for /dev/hdb, including how each partition
is formatted.  Now, hit 'q' to quit without saving.

Be sure to write down which are your fat or fat32 partitions.  Now, just
make the entries into the /etc/fstab file!

Viggy