[lug] Off-Topic: Boulder Knowledge Exchange

John Dollison johndollison at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 12:56:24 MDT 2002

Hi,
I just created this group, and I thought some of you might be interested in
joining.

Thanks,
John Dollison

Boulder Knowledge Exchange
====================

Want to know how to avoid the construction on Broadway?
Want to know where to find a good brew-pub in Boulder?
Have questions about when to plant your tulips?
Need help installing computer software?
Need advice on a leaky toilet?
THIS IS THE PLACE!

Boulder Knowledge Exchange is like a big community bulletin board.   Just a
bunch of friends and neighbors getting together to share their expertise
with each other.   Simply mail your question to the list ("I hit a pothole
on the bike path, how do I get my wheel straightened out?") and wait for
someone to post a reply ("When I did that, I used Bob's Bikes, and they were
great!").   It's that simple!   I admit, sometimes you just need to hire a
professional to come and do some work for you, but how often have you just
needed a tip form someone, like "Did you try adjusting the blue knob?"
Save yourself the service call!

Boulder already has a barter system where businesses can swap services, but
as far as I know, this is the only FREE system where homeowners can freely
swap info (or even services!) with other homeowners.   Ask your friends,
neighbors, and co-workers to sign up!   The more people who sign up, the
bigger the knowledge base will be!

So why limit this list to just Boulder?   Personal choice, I guess.   There
are other world-wide services available, but on those lists you can't ask
questions like "Who do I call to get a light fixed on the bike underpass?"
I think it's better when neighbors help out neighbors.   SO SIGN UP!

John Dollison
Boulder, CO

.