Friendly ISPs in the Boulder area WAS: Re: [lug] AT&T blocking http??

Mr Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Tue Oct 22 15:14:08 MDT 2002

I'm not sure this qualifies, but I moved (literally) around the block
back in April.  I had DSL at my old house, and ordered it for my new
house.  Well, QWest can't "transfer" it like they can with POTS, so they
charged me a $99 installation fee.  Luckily, I signed up with them at
the old house last Sept, and they were offering no install fee then.

I got my company to pay it anyhow, but it really burns me.  The only
reason I'm still using DSL (AT&T just started offering cable modem
service) is that my company is paying for it, and it works.

Viggy