[lug] Career opportunity at a Start Up (fwd)

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Thu Nov 21 10:48:47 MST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:57:49 -0800
From: Jim Burns <jlburns at attbi.com>
Subject: Career opportunity at a Start Up

My name is Jim Burns.  I'm a technical recruiter here in the Silicon Valley
area. I'm working with a start up in the North Bay.  We're looking for an
architect to lead  the technical systems development and implementation of
advanced, complex
device infrastructure software. The tasks and responsibilities encompass all
phases of systems development, from concept definition and validation,
system analysis, requirements management, software architecture,
implementation, and integration and test. This position will also oversee
technical efforts of systems, hardware, and software engineering teams.

Requirements:
·BSCS / MSCS or equivalent
·7+ years high-availability application and network design, development and
deployment experience
·Expertise in board-level embedded system software and device driver
development
·Expertise in enterprise, wireless, storage area networking or networking
protocols (IP, MPLS,WiFi,802.11, Infiniband)
·Strong knowledge of C++, C and object-oriented methodology

·Experience with fault tolerant designs and low-level debugging desired.
·Experience with RTOS, synchronization and concurrency control, IPC,
multi-threading
·Experience with automated testing methodology desired.
·Familiar with UML design tools.

Jim Burns
(510) 582-7440 - Voice
jlburns at attbi.com