[lug] numlock

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Fri Nov 29 20:33:24 MST 2002

jdavis wrote:

> hello,
>   is there a way to have numlock be on
>  when I boot
>

> jd

I think bios setup offers that option until linux takes over and decides
to do something else. The means of doing this if bios is being
overridden depends on whether you are talking X11 or console. In X11,
assuming Redhat (ymmv), you could probably add an xset command somewhere
in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/, e.g., write a script "MyKeyboardSet.sh"
which is a bash script that does the xset line. I forget which command
it is, but there is something similar for console mode, that can go in
shell startup scripts (depending on the shell).

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com