[lug] /redhat 8.0/ vncserver issues

r ms r_msmit at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 15 07:34:11 MST 2002

Trying to access my linux box on a local LAN using vncviewer from
a win32 box....used the Perl script vncserver, and tells me that
it is on localhost.localdomain:1. Looking at the log says that it's
listening on port 5901, and http on port 5801. It's local address
on the lan is 192.168.1.104. From the viewer, that address is entered,
and it responds with a failed to connect to server. Any thoughts? Thx