[lug] DHCP on S/390

Olson, John C John.Olson at nationalcity.com
Wed Dec 18 12:19:49 MST 2002

A few questions from a Linux on the Mainframe newbie.  I have a few linux
instances on Z/VM using QDIO and would like to run dhcpd on one and utilize
dhcp clients on all the others.  Not completely sure how broadcasts and/or
MAC addresses work in a QDIO memory-based network.

First of all, is this possible?  If yes, are there special vendors or
versions of dhcpd and dhcpcd that I need?  I've been told that I'm breaking
some new ground here and hope that's not true...

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
John