[lug] Linux , Mozilla, Web-dev

jd lug at taproot.bz
Wed Jan 22 06:43:18 MST 2003

Hello,
  I am trying to embed sound in a web page. It seems to work, but
mozilla freaks out. It will play the loop fine the first time through.
The when it should loop, it appears as if plugger is starting a new
mpg123 process, causing the mp3 to be playing two diffident instances
at the same time, slightly out of sink with each other. This
makes it extremely hard to develop. Any ideas on how i can fix this.
FYI - i followed the oreilly book "the definitive guide to html and
xhtml" when setting up the embed tags. the oreilly way didn't work at
all.... for mozilla

the page: http://www.devnull.bz

as a side note:  being a web-developer using the Linux platform
is rough.. Only because mozilla and konqueror are weird, I just
wondered if there are some other web-devs using Linux for a desktop
and how they feel it affects there overall progress and productivity.

and I wanted to ask *web-developers* (and no your ~ page at local
isp does not count) what Linux friendly browser they use when developing
and if there is any reason to the choice that affects web-dev. what i
really want to know is, can a nicely configed konqueror be more internet
exploder like than mozilla, And just be less buggy in general for
everyday use.

  IMHO, being a Linux web-dev, the benefits far outway the cost...
just the GIMP alone will make it impossible to go back... right
click menus kick ass, and perlotine is awesome. Can anyone
suggest a robust vector image manipulation progy for Linux..
like a VIMP lol..

thanks
jd
http://www.devnull.bz