Aside: Re: [lug] Evolution

The Matt thompsma at colorado.edu
Wed Feb 5 09:07:23 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 15:52, Nate Duehr wrote:
> A lot of people didn't realize that there was a script to kill off all
> Evolution-related stuff... "killev" installed with Evolution.  Probably has
> some "sane" order it kills things in (I assume) as it goes through things.
> It gets a workout on my box that has the older version of Ev on it.

Yes, and boy have I used it.  My original lockup post is actually about
killing one process.  Next time there is a lockup that occurs while
reading your mail (or retrieving from IMAP), try a "ps -ef | grep ev"
and I bet you'll see more than one evolution-mail process.  Kill the one
with the lowest PID who doesn't have a PPID of 1, and evolution will
come to life.  If the summary seems to lockup, kill the extra
evolution-executive-summary process.

But, as I said, 1.2.1 seems to have cured both of these bugs.

--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good