[lug] Locales/character encodings, etc...

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Tue Feb 11 14:38:50 MST 2003

Thanks very much for the explanation and the link.  That clears up a bunch
of the basics for me.  It's rather interesting that when I switch my LANG
over to en_US.UTF-8 that the characters are still munged up. But, this gives
me a good start to understand why such things might happen and will
hopefully help me understand the interaction.

Thanks again,
Jim