[lug] syntax of smbmount in my fstab

Warren Sanders sanders at montanalinux.org
Thu Feb 27 09:48:27 MST 2003

I have a problem with the syntax of one of my smbmounts in the fstab.
Problem is I can't give the filesystem as a quoted statement for the purpose
of spaces in the name.

I can manually do it by 'smbmount "//Mill/mill c drive" /home/CNC/Mill/ -o
username=cnc'.  But this in my fstab wont work:
"//Mill/mill c drive"   /home/CNC/Mill  smb    username=cnc,password=cnc 0 0

I know; change the name!  But then I'd have to redo all the maps for the
other machines on the network and besides it's at a remote location.

Thanks,
--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org