[lug] Would the real mjh please stand up? :)

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Tue Mar 4 14:56:13 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 15:16, Nate Duehr wrote:
> Nice job on the LJ article, Michael!

Thanks.  I didn't know it was out yet.  I actually wrote it some time
back and forgot when it was supposed to be published.

As a side note, I'm also starting a series of tutorials on the GIMP in
LinuxFocus, the UK magazine.  Kinda pricey over here in the US, but it
will be a long running series (at least 12 issues).  I think the first
one comes out this month as well.  Number 2 in the series came out
pretty good - its on making cool textures.

> I'm "graphics challenged" (to put it the politically correct way... to put
> it another way, my graphics always look like @(*#&^!@ )... but it's cool to
> read up on how people who have the
> "I'm-not-an-idiot-when-making-computer-graphics gene" use tools like GIMP!

:-)

Don't be put off by some less than perfect starts.  I started that way
too.  Like code, you just play with it long enough till it all makes
sense.  It's what we call the "Ahhhhh" moment.

Thanks again for the kind words.

--
Michael J. Hammel           | Once, I wept for I had no shoes.  Then I came upon
The Graphics Muse           | a man who had no feet. So I took his shoes.  I