[lug] Slackware 8.1 RAID setup-howto

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Tue Mar 18 08:54:46 MST 2003

Sorry for not post commenting on this one, but I want to keep things clean.
Two things:

1) EBOLA-rulez, (please, show your name, spam is a way of life) when post
commenting on a message as such in the future, please do something to help
distinguish the forwarded or replied-to part of the message and your own
comments.  For a few moments, it appeared as though you had just posted my
original message with no comments at all, which I momentarily found
offensive.

2) Unfortunately, I never wrote the how-to.  No one showed _any_ interest
and I didn't see the time justified as a result.  I love to give back to the
community when I can, but unfortunately the time required to write such a
how-to was greater than I had available back then.  Now, booting RAID on
slackware is a heck of a lot easier since 8.1 was released.

I've since stopped using Slackware regularly <getting teary-eyed>, but could
provide suggestions on how to do it with 8.1  I've booted it up and checked
what's available and all of the tools and kernel support are there.  You'll
just have to do some manual footwork before running setup, but it should be
a heck of a lot easier.  Please let me know if you'd like me to review the
process and I'd be happy to run through it (let's hear it for vmware.)

Regards,
Jim