[lug] Wireless kit?

Frank Whiteley techzone at greeleynet.com
Sat Mar 29 23:01:32 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Hodges" <Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov>
To: <lug at lug.boulder.co.us>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 10:40 PM
Subject: Re: [lug] Wireless kit?

I'd recommend the C678 as you can download the latest CBOS from Qwest or ask
here for a copy.  Qwest offered one of my clients a C678 as a replacement
for a stolen item last month for $150, but I don't think they'll sell you
one directly.  These are probably stock to cover contingencies like
failure/theft/damage, etc.  No harm in asking I suppose.  eBay prices were
running $125 plus shipping.  YMMV.  The unit must support DMT.  Saving the
$5 is only significant if the service is going to be in place for some
number of months.  The Cisco has more options.  At least with the rental,
replacement and warranty become Qwest's issues.  If someone discontinues
service and doesn't return the 1520S, I think they charge $200.

Frank