[lug] pg_dumpall

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Tue Apr 1 03:47:46 MST 2003

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 02:03:40AM -0700, jd wrote:
> hello,
>   I apt-got pgsql, pgsql-dev, and pgsql-contrib. None of them
> came with pg_dumpall. Could someone tell me what .deb pkg pg_dumpall
> comes with.

You want to install 'postgresql' ...
The 'pgsql...' packages provide client functionality, the 'postgresql...'
packages are for server stuff. BTW, 'apt-file' is a good tool to find
the name of the package that provides a certain file.
You can install it with 'apt-get install -f apt-file'. After that
you need to run "su -c 'apt-file update'" to create/update your
file database.

  hth ralf mattes