[lug] Digital cameras

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Apr 15 13:21:15 MDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 03:42:04PM -0600, John Hernandez wrote:
>Put another way, power-on times and battery life are generally better on
>non-zoom models.  Ditch the flash and it gets even better.  This goes back to
>what Sean said about owning 2 cameras: one for features, the other for
>convenience.  I second that philosophy.

The LCD is a huge power draw.  My LCD is only on fairly infrequently,
since I'll power on, shoot, then poewr right off.  The flash does use
quite a bit of energy -- shooting with a flash every time reduces the
number of images I can take to around 150, I've heard.  The 225 pictures
I took on one charge was with occasional flash usage, but I still was "3
bars" (full power on the indicator) at the end of the day...

Sean
--
 There is no force so powerful as an idea whose time has come.
                 -- Everett Dirkson