[lug] More Spam Please?

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Mon Jun 2 23:33:11 MDT 2003

The Matt wrote:
>  Thus,
> without the 1000s of pieces of spam needed, it'll be a good 9 months or
> so before enough spam reaches me (I get 6 or so a day) to train the
> filter.

But if you flood the filter with thousands of "unrelated" spam, it
will still take 9 months for it to learn the specifics for you
anyway.  If not longer, since there's now much more noise in the
system.

I know, this assumes that your spam is somehow different than what
the rest of us get.  That seems unlikely... except if you're only
seeing six pieces of spam per day it may be true.  I see about
that much in an hour... after dropping about half of the traffic
because the sender has no A or MX records.