[lug] CD rip/encode

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Thu Sep 11 11:17:47 MDT 2003

> > Actually just using "cdrdao copy" (along with whatever options you might
> >  want) will do the trick.  It uses the paranoia library.
>
> Yes, but there doesn't seem to be an option to make multiple copies from a
> single rip.  I am aware it will let me keep the image, but then I have to
> remember how to burn an additional copy from that image, then remember to
> remove that image.

Remember?  That's what scripts are for!  Heh...

I must be missing something important here...  That sounds like a (less
than) one line shell script?

> Like I said on the page, I'm looking for "just right."

#!/bin/sh
cdrdao copy --(whatever the keepimage switch options are); cdrdao
copy --(whatever the switch options are to use the image)
rm imagefile

Call it... "burn-two-cds.sh"  ;-)

Nate, nate at natetech.com