[lug] cisco 675

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Sep 22 01:44:09 MDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 10:14:24PM +0100, Mariusz Handke wrote:
>i know but i'm looking for someone who is familiar with configuring
>that hardware, no matter where

The thing is, DSL is very location-dependant.  For example, if you were
in Colorado, we'd be able to tell you that it's very unlikely that a 675
would work for you, simply because the telco here is now using equipment
on their end that doesn't train with the 675.  The 675 was released,
IIRC, back in 1998 -- time marches on.

What is it that makes you believe that the Cisco 675 will work with your
line?  Did you just search for "DSL modem" on ebay and buy a cheap one,
or did the ISP tell you that the 675 is compatible with your line?

If your ISP is not answering your phone calls or other support requests,
it's probably time to find another ISP.  However, you may also wish to
contact a local users group where you are, including information on what
ISP it is, because you are much more likely to find someone who is
familiar with how the DSL lines provided by your ISP are configured.

I would seriously doubt that there is any ISP deploying DSL lines today
that are compatible with the Cisco 675.  That modem was discontinued
something like 4 years ago.

Sean
--
 I'm one of the leading experts in the field of Data Mimeing.  Unfortunately,
 I'm not allowed to TELL you anything about it.  -- Sean Reifschneider, 1997