[lug] "Squashing" users in wu-ftp

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Sun Oct 12 15:08:49 MDT 2003

George wrote:

> You realize that means every user would be able to edit every other
> users information? It would be better to not do this, but to make the
> directorys SETGID.

This is a protected "download area", not individual users' home
directories... basically I just want to allow a large number of people
to all FTP into a certain area-- using DIFFERENT logins and passwords--
and have the ability to change, replace, and add files in there.  Think
of it as an FTP guest account, but not just anyone can use it.

Is this possible with setuid/setgid?

Jeff