[lug] bad refresh going back to text mode from X on laptop.

Brian Jarrett bjarrett at garcoschools.org
Sat Nov 29 16:36:12 MST 2003

Thanks for the offer of help.  I'm still trying a few things.  I'm going to set up nvidia's drivers instead of the generic ones to see if that makes any difference.

I checked out suspend/resume and that works fine whether I'm in a console or in X.  I've also noticed that once I'm in X ALL of my vt's are messed up just like when I logout to console.

Maybe I should just keep it in X, hmmm?

One other thing... fbset shows that I'm using an 800x600, 16 bit mode.  X is running 1400x1050, 24 bit mode.  Attempts to use fbset to change modes, or setting X to the same as the framebuffer doesn't work either.

I'll let you know how the drivers work out.

Brian