[lug] Microsoft charging fee for each digicam made

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Fri Dec 5 14:38:11 MST 2003

* Ferdinand Schmid (fschmid at archenergy.com) wrote:
> So now Microsoft starts charging for every digital camera made...
> Maybe they
> will also start charging for every hard drive or floppy disk made?

I hope they charge an arm and a leg, plus maybe a first-born child
thrown in for good measure.  We may suffer in the short term.  But we
need the problems of software patents brought to light.

Nobody will care about them unless is starts costing them money.

Tim

PS -> Imagine the unmitigated gall to apply for a *patent* on that POS
that is known as FAT? And then the out-to-lunch patent examiner that
gave them the patent.  We need to nip this stuff in the bud -- or
America will cease to be a place with any software innovation at all.