[lug] Question on allowable posts to BLUG

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Sun Dec 21 20:30:35 MST 2003

Those of us who read Slashdot (everyone?) probably noticed an article
about exactly this thing (long link, sorry):

http://www.newsforge.com/
os/03/12/21/1546240.shtml?tid=11&tid=2&tid=82&tid=94

The article begins with "Microsoft has started distributing two online
surveys to Linux User Groups and Linux users in general, one asking
primarily about home computer use, the other about business use..."

Interestingly enough, the article quotes the e-mail message sent: "I am
a program manager at Microsoft doing some research around how we can
improve our operating systems..."  Sounds eerily familiar, eh? :)

The outcome of this "survey" should be interesting, as we've seen quite
a range of responses to Chris' request about what to do.  I can only
imagine what sorts of things people will write to Microsoft directly.

Jeff