[lug] xv with cron and screensaver

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Dec 30 18:33:20 MST 2003

You could try forcing the screensaver off when you want to display
images.  I tried using xscreensaver-command, but it does not accept any
commands while locked.  If you don't lock your display, that might not
be a problem, and you could use xscreensaver-command -deactivate.
Otherwise, you can do a killall xscreensaver and restart it later.