[lug] recovering sudo w/o root

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Wed Jan 14 12:13:19 MST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:43:09AM -0700, Michael Belanger wrote:
> Humm.. Use a recovery CD, mount the root partition, edit the file to the
>  correct form.

Or: reboot with an init parameter to the lilo prompt:

 lilo> linux init=/bin/bash

run visudo again. This will correct all permission problems.
Reboot to normal operation.
This is assuming that you actually _can_ reboot. If your server
is an Inteloid, try Ctr-Alt-Del ....

> Otherwise, no. I don't think you can.

I shure hope there's no way :-/

 Ralf Mattes