[lug] any geforce4 ti series experience?

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 15 16:27:01 MST 2004

GeForce FX 5200 cards can be had for around $63 on Newegg.  GeForce4 MX
is now down to the low $40's if 3D acceleration is not very high on your
list -- I just got one without fan (heatsink only) for my HTPC project.
Using the nVidia drivers for Linux, both of these cards support XvMC and
IDCT level acceleration (mostly hardware MPEG-2 decoding), which means I
can probably get away with using an older, slower, fanless CPU --- ahh
quiet...

BTW, my experince with the Hauppague WinPVR 250 and MythTV has been good
so far.  I used the ATrpms packages.  Anyone else tried building one of
these?