[lug] DSL modem recommendation (was Re: DSL ISPs and More...)

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu May 6 14:20:42 MDT 2004

William D. Knoche wrote:

> So if one were to signup with Qwest for the new DSL service, which
> modem/router/gateway would one purchase?

I've been using the Cisco 678.  That's what I got when I signed up for
DSL.  It only has one LAN port (you need your own hub/switch) but it
does NAT, filtering, DHCP, and various fancy routing things (that would
be more useful if I had more IPs on it).  Oh, logs to syslog which I like.

Check eBay and I'm sure you can find one.  It's pretty solid as DSL
routers go.

Dave