[lug] ssh-agent under KDE and KNOPPIX

Timothy Klein teece at silverklein.net
Mon Jun 21 16:34:27 MDT 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 02:13 pm, Neal McBurnett wrote:
> Anyone know how to get KDE to use ssh-agent right (i.e. as parent to
> all applications)?  googles I've found refer to stuff that doesn't
> work, at least under knoppix 3.4.
>
> See http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/ssh-agent%20and%20KNOPPIX
> for a wiki page with "the story so far"...
>
> Thanks,

Is there some reason why you can't just  use keychain?

I just call keychain from my bash login scripts and from .xsession/.xinit
scripts.

Is that an unworkable solution with KNOPPIX, as you can't edit .xsession?

If no, do that.  It's really easy.

A Keychain HowTO:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/keychain.xml

Keychain download:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~agriffis/keychain/

Tim
== Timothy Klein || teece at silverklein.net
== Vanity Page: http://tinyurl.com/vkhp
== Hello_World.c: 17 Errors, 31 Warnings...