[lug] Re: ViMozilla

Matt Thompson thompsma at colorado.edu
Sat Jul 31 19:21:00 MDT 2004

David Morris wrote:

> I actually have periodically run up against the same
> tendancy.
>
> You can actually get this partially setup just by setting
> key bindings in one of the mozilla configuration files.  I
> got 'j' and 'k' setup for vertical scrolling and 'h' and 'l'
> setup for navigating links (follow link / go back).
>
> I don't have it setup anymore so I cannot give you the exact
> code that did this, but a bit of creativity in Google will
> find it....thats how I found it after all.

Well, in case you want it:

http://legonet.org/~griffin/firefox_vi-bindings.html

I don't use the vi-bindings, but I so use the '/' method of starting
type-ahead-find.  Regular TAF is annoying as anything, but with the use
of sweet, sweet / for searching...all is well.

Matt
--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
    Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/