[lug] Linux App Midnight Problem

Matt Thompson thompsma at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 26 19:28:58 MDT 2004

Nate Duehr wrote:
> Gregory Seker wrote:
>
>> Running Kernel 2.4.20 on an Intel STL2 motherboard.
>>
>> Application services a home brewed audio card every 23 mSec.
>>
> If your application has a requirement to absolutely run each and every
> 23ms, it sounds like you need an RTOS, and not Linux?

Yeah, this does sound like a candidate for QNX, et. al.  And, see, I
just gave you an excuse to play around with a new OS, which is always a
good thing.

QNX always brings me back to BeOS days.  Both were faster than seemed right.

--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
    Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/