[lug] Quick Fix for PHP/MySQL Undefined Function Problem?

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Tue Aug 31 11:06:01 MDT 2004

Bill wrote:

> However, on that one I can't get the PHP db
> functions to work via the web. I get, for example, "Fatal error: Call
> to undefined function: mysql_pconnect()"

That's an internal PHP function you're trying to call, and apparently
it's not there on your production server.  Are you sure you have
identical versions of PHP on both servers?  From your description it
sounds like the test server's PHP has the MySQL functions in it, and
the production one doesn't.

(That seems odd, since PHP and MySQL are like hand and glove, and I'd be
surprised if a packaged PHP doesn't include MySQL support.  But who
knows.)

A possible solution would be to copy libphp4.so from the test server to
the production one.  I'm not sure that'll solve it, but I suspect
that's where the MySQL functionality lives.

HTH,
Jeff