[lug] Topics of interest - speakers wanted

Chris Riddoch chris-blug at syntacticsugar.org
Sat Sep 11 10:13:54 MDT 2004

Hi, everyone.

Those of you who went to the most recent BLUG meeting will remember the brief
brainstorming session for ideas on what we'd like to hear about.  If you know
enough about any of these topics to feel comfortable talking about them for
about an hour, please volunteer to give a talk.  If there are other people you
know in the area who could be interested, it'd be nice if you could arrange
for them to communicate with me.

Here are my notes of the brainstorm:

* Legal matters involving free software - licensing, patents, etc.

* ALSA usage, development, sound recording, midi

* Gimp

* Dashboard

* Groovy

* Security

* Linux Terminal Server Project, setup of thin clients

* Postfix

* Postgres, databases

* X, DRI, DRM, etc. and recent developments

Feel free to add to this list.  I'd be interested in most of them myself.

--
epistemological humility
  -  Chris Riddoch  -