[lug] x2x on KRUD/FC2

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Mon Sep 13 13:43:00 MDT 2004

I finally got cd's working and got an install of KRUD based on Fedora
Core 2. It is up and I am running KDE. I have networking up as well. Now
I am trying to get x2x working, which lets me share mouse and keyboard
across machines. It's simply a remote display type app. I am also trying
a simple test of konsole --display remotemachine:0.0, which is also
failing. Turning off firewalling does not help. xhost +remotemachine
says it accepts the other machine, but still does nothing to help. Did
the newer Xorg server change things to where xhost no longer works? Did
the newer Xorg server remove remote UDP and TCP without some magical
incantations? I really need to display from one machine onto another or
else it is useless to me. Seeing as I am the only one using it and it is
behind a firewall, I want to just allow all remote X11 apps to be
allowed from my first machine to my 2nd machine. Suggestions? Checklists?

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net

PS: Ping and a few other functions like web browsing do work from that
machine so I know networking basics are correct.