[lug] Drawing a logo with circular text on Linux?

Matt Thompson thompsma at colorado.edu
Mon Sep 20 14:30:15 MDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 13:59, Zan Lynx wrote:

> > The last is Scribus, which, when it's not crashing, can do wonders with
> > text, including curving it.  I've just never been able to keep Scribus
> > running for long enough to really use it:
>
> A couple of comments on segfaults under 64-bit amd64 systems.  What I've
> found in sodipodi and other Gnome/GTK programs is variable argument list
> functions that are supposed to be NULL pointer terminated being 0
> terminated instead.  I filed a bug report and patch with Gentoo about
> Sodipodi.
>
> This might be worth checking in Scribus as well, if you're seeing amd64
> crashes in program code that works fine in x86.

Well, Scribus is crashing on me on a PIII, so it's not an arch issue.
It could just be my box, which probably isn't as powerful as Scribus
would want.  I have about 500-600 megs RAM free, but I start up Scribus
and I can watch swap increasing...

Matt
--
Learning just means you were wrong and they were right. - Aram
   Matt Thompson -- http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~thompsma/