[lug] gcore for rh 9

D. Stimits stimits at comcast.net
Wed Oct 20 09:52:14 MDT 2004

Andrew Diederich wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, D. Stimits wrote:
>
>>On my Fedora Core 2/KRUD it says gcore is provided by
>>gdb-6.0post-0.20040223.19, so it sounds like the gdb post is the right
>>package unless something has been rearranged over the release period.
>

> For fun I grabbed gdb 5.3, ./configure; make just to see what it gave me.
> While it built a gcore.o, it didn't build gcore.  There were actually a
> few gcore.c files about, so I went into each subdirectory to see what damage
> I could do.

Quite often one package has subprojects but ./configure will not build
all unless an option is given. You might check "./configure --help |
less" to see if it is visible. If not I'd grep the actual configure
script (case insensitive) for gcore and perhaps the configure script
will give details that configure help does not.

D. Stimits, stimits AT comcast DOT net