[lug] Project, Reqs, Issues Mgmt Systems

Steve Sullivan <Steve Sullivan sullivan at mathcom.com
Tue Oct 26 16:50:35 MDT 2004

I'm working with a large lab that needs three management systems ...
what would you recommend?

1. Project management: tasks, dependencies, schedules, etc.

2. Requirements documentation and management

3. Issue tracking.  Is Bugzilla still the best?

We've a strong preference for Linux based open source solutions.
That said, some people in the organization use lesser breeds
of OS (such as MS), so it's best if we can accomodate them as well :-)

The number of users will be between 20 and 150.
Some of the info we'll have in the systems is confidential,
so using an external corporation's web site won't work.
If we could run our own web-based system that'd be great.

Many thanks for any recommendtions!

Steve

Steve Sullivan    sullivan at mathcom.com

http://www.mathcom.com    303-494-7115