[lug] Project, Reqs, Issues Mgmt Systems

Mike Stanczyk stanczyk at pcisys.net
Tue Oct 26 22:16:21 MDT 2004

> RT (Request Tracker) - A ticket tracking system with several modules. It
> gives you the ability to link issues with investigations, solutions and
> contact information. Pretty Slick.
> http://www.bestpractical.com/
>
> Shannon

I'll second Shannon's submission about RT.  I was asked as an experiment
to be the central help desk call center for Denver.  One day of trying
to track issues on paper was a nightmare.  The next day I spent an hour
bringing up an old machine of mine that had RedHat 7.x and adding in
RT 3.0.3.  With RT I was handling over 100 calls a week and managing
the dispatch of 8 other people to problems I couldn't fix over the
phone.  With NO dropped issues over the five weeks I was the call center.
Good stuff.

Mike