[lug] Attacks Intensifying

Lee Woodworth blug-mail at duboulder.com
Thu Oct 28 13:06:44 MDT 2004

Unless you have the requirement that users can SSH from anywhere,
blocking attackers is opposite of recommended security policy:
    specifically allow known sources, deny all others.

My file exchange server requires users to have keys, no passwords
allowed. It looks to me that the time I spent setting up user keys and
allowing their addresses is less than the time you are going to spend on
blocking attackers.