[lug] Seeking Linux consultant to profile

Dean Brissinger Dean.Brissinger at vexcel.com
Fri Nov 12 11:58:55 MST 2004

Hi Corinne,

	Linux is a non-commercial product and is the culmination of millions of
people an organizations.  For your article to be fair to Linux and to
what it is, does, how it works for people and doesn't work for people.
I believe that you need to address a chunk of the culmination.

	To that end, I want to see you have a great article.  And I request
that you also interview and include a spectrum of Linux experts.  Such
as a full-time private consultant, a black-sheep in a big corporation
that sneeks it in, a small company sys admin who builds all their
solutions on Linux, and even a Linux developer.

	Doing so, you can get a true feel for what Linux is up to in the world
and how it is applied.  You can also get a more accurate idea who is
using it and what it provides that they couldn't get elsewhere.

Dean

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 17:46, Corinne McKay wrote:
> I'm a freelance writer in Boulder, working on an assignment for
> NewsForge.com to profile a Linux consultant. I'd like to interview someone
> who is currently working for himself or herself doing consulting related
> to Linux; ideally it would be great to talk to someone who's outside of
> the large server installation market, for example doing work for small
> businesses, home offices, etc, but this is definitely not a must.  Being
> the subject of the article would involve being interviewed by me and
> talking about how you started your business, who your clients are and how
> you found/find them, what types of work you do for them, etc. and I'll buy
> you a coffee as well!  This might also be good exposure for someone
> looking to expand his/her business. Please e-mail me directly at
> corinne at translatewrite.com if you're interested, and thanks!
>
> Corinne McKay

   Dean J. Brissinger              303-583-0278 (Direct)
   Senior Systems Administrator    303-583-0200 (Main)
                                   303-583-0246 (Fax)

        Dean.Brissinger at vexcel.com * www.vexcel.com
       1690 38th Street * Boulder,  CO * 80301 * USA