[lug] OT: Great Laptop Deal @ Flatirons Best Buy

Ken MacFerrin lists at macferrin.com
Tue Nov 23 21:37:00 MST 2004

[snip]
> Well, of course - EM had a manufacturer's defect in the hinges that
> hook the LCD to the main case and stress cracks have begun forming
> (google for eMachines hinges to see photos... not fun...).  Anyway, I
> stop by Best Buy to take advantage of this extra money I've spent and
> find out that they will gladly send the laptop off for three weeks to
> their repair facility and won't do an in-store replacement.  (The model
> is discontinued, but I specifically asked about that -- the sales wonk
> said they'd replace with a like model if the model was no longer
> available.)

[/snip]

If it makes you feel any better, they actually have an eMachine display
model still sitting out with the same lid cracks..  I asked about it and
they were willing to take off a whopping 10%... gee, what a deal.

Personally, I've never purchased a retail warranty on anything,
especially from BB.  To me it's kind of like Vegas... If the odds were
in my favor they wouldn't offer it.
-Ken