[lug] C++ question, without buying expensive doc.s

Paul E Condon pecondon at mesanetworks.net
Mon Jan 10 12:04:14 MST 2005

I'm looking for information about predefined names in C++. These are
macros that are recognized by the preprocessor, and direct it to
insert certain character strings into the preprocessor output. For
instance, __LINE__ evaluates to the current line number in the current
source file. What are all these names that are specified by the
current standard, and what does each of them do. I have reason to
believe that the list in Ellis & Stroustrup is out of date. I want a
current list. Naturely, I don't expect a recitation of the names and
actions in a reply. I'm hoping for a link to a place that the
responder considers reliable.

TIA

--
Paul E Condon