[lug] restricting internet access

qqq1one @yahoo.com qqq1one at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 10:41:57 MST 2005

Is there an easy way to only allow certain users to access the
internet?  After doing an internet search, it seems like the tool known
as squid could do the job, but it also seems to present quite the
learning curve to be able to figure out how to set it up correctly.

I'd just like to be able to specify users x and y, and no other users,
can use ports that network services can run on.

Can this be done with just a few lines in a config file somewhere?  And
the trickier part, what would need to be on those lines?

Thanks in advance.